10.15.2008

Coordinating Sleepwear

I get the feeling that the first post is supposed to be something of an introduction, but I'm just going to dive right in with gritty truth. I am moderately obsessed with matching jammies for my boys. To be certain, the jammies do not always match, but I do my best to make them go together. It doesn't always happen, and they seem to sleep just fine either way, but I do make the effort. The photographic evidence of my obsession is presented below.

I purchased these Utah State jammies on a recent trip to my Alma Mater in Logan, Utah. They were on sale (matching jammies, school pride, and a deal? you can't ignore that) and made of the same printed fabric in two different styles: a traditional long-sleeve, long-pants two-piece set for T-Rex and a one-piece footed pajama for Guy Smiley.


These jammies, footed one-pieces for both, go together in color scheme as well as pajama type. T-Rex is wearing a hand-me-down pair from a friend, and Guy Smiley is wearing a hand-me-down pair from T-Rex. They seem to be sleeping quite soundly in spite of any differences in their pajamas. It's too bad they both clash so much with my sheets! In passing, we do all start out in our own beds, but always seem to end up together by about 6:00 in the morning.
Just this morning, the boys are wearing green two-piece pajamas with short-sleeved tops and long bottoms, per the request of T-Rex. I seem to have passed the obsession on to the next generation. All this matching may seem frivolous, but it makes T-Rex excited to get ready for bed if he can match his brother. Any excitement a two-and-a-half-year-old can muster for any part of bedtime is worth encouraging. Plus it satisfies some small part of my brain and only takes a second. I suppose I could add those seconds up and use them for something else, but I don't want to. I am satisfied with my decision to indulge this small obsession.


Of course, despite my best laid plans, the boys do sleep in completely unrelated pajamas on occasion. But they don't look quite as happy, do they?

6 comments:

Rachael Hutchings said...

YEAH! Welcome to the blogosphere. :-) Love the matching PJs. I look forward to doing the matching thing soon. The things we subject our children to.

Leisha said...

Wow Mandy! I never thought that you would be the one to have a blog and not me! I am way behind the times. Those cute little nephews of mine look so adorable in their matching pajamas!

Vincent Family said...

Oh my I love the blog. I also love the matchies!! I match my two as much as I can without looking silly. Just like jackets, sweaters, and church clothes. But jammies - that is so cute!! We miss you guys so much!! Keep Blogin'!!

Kierst said...

You are hilarious! I love that you match their jammies. I'm pretty sure I won't be doing much matching when baby #2 comes along, just because London is so picky about what she wears. Even her pajamas. I love your blog, by the way.

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

Hi I read your comment on La Fuji Mama. I would love to see your pumpkin oatmeal recipe. I made a vegan pumpkin oatmeal recipe today. I posted it on my blog. But I am very curious to see yours.
Thanks.
Damaris

Magic Moments said...

I think is great you have this blog. I look forward to all of your fabulous posts.